One eighty is a registered community coalition through the Regional Support Center (RSC) at NCADA. The RSC works with grassroots community organizations addressing substance abuse in their local areas. Coalitions like One-Eighty are comprised of various members of the community, including parents, youth, business, service organizations, media, government, healthcare professionals, faith based, schools, senior citizens, service organizations, law enforcement and social services. RSC staff provides technical assistance, training, resources and education about substance abuse awareness to the Coalitions.
The One-Eighty Prevention Coalition works to educate and provide prevention resources to the re-entry community in St. Charles, Lincoln and Warren Counties. This includes ex-offenders, their families, and citizens concerned about their community.
The goals of the One-Eighty prevention coalition are:
- Engage the community in prevention activities and presentations.
- Create awareness of increased addiction risks to children and families of incarcerated individuals.
- Facilitate collaborative efforts of One-eighty member organizations toward substance abuse prevention.
The types of activities we facilitate include:
- Community Forums – awareness events
- Community Training – Covering topics of importance to both service providers and community members
- Networking Meetings
- Resource Fairs
Our most recent event was a showing of the documentary The Anonymous People which was shown in conjunction with the St. Charles Community College.
To get involved in future events, please contact us and let us know what you’d like to see!